Compliance Associate - Global Hedge Fund
Our client , a global hedge fund is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual who enjoys to work in a fast paced small collaborative team with opportunity for personal growth and development.
The position will be based in London with reporting to the Firm’s CCO but also working closely with the firm’s Compliance Associate both based in the London office.
Travel to New York may be required from time to time.
Maintain legal files and documentation in a bespoke internal system;
Maintain watch and restricted lists
Collate data for regulatory filings
Maintain internal AML/KYC and due diligence information for the Firm and the Funds;
Dealing with incoming documentation and AML/KYC requests from new and existing counterparties;
Assist in account openings (brokerage and custody accounts) including keeping internal documentation up to date (corporate documentation).
Support the head of compliance with the firm’s compliance monitoring programme
Keep up to date on relevant regulatory developments
Oversee the firm’s record keeping with regards to conflicts of interest, gifts and entertainment, breaches, staff attestations, training and maintaining internal registers
Expert network chaperoning
· Academic qualification (University degree);
· Three years’ experience in compliance matters with an asset manager/investment firm;
· Good communication skills, positive approach to teamwork and well organized with attention to details;
· Proficient user of MS Excel and MS Word;
· Fluent English required: foreign languages considered an advantage; and
· Well-rounded individual with multiple interests and hobbies outside of the workplace