UCITS & Mutual Funds Manager
UCITS & Mutual Fund Compliance Manager
The UCITS and Mutual Fund specialist would sit in the compliance team and oversee the activities of the team with respect to:
- Managing Software
- Daily trade, best execution and liquidity monitoring
- Dedicated compliance monitoring programme – COLL, UCITS, MIFID II, MAR, COBS, SYSC, regulatory requirements
- Breach monitoring, maintaining breaches records and reporting to ACD/other relevant parties
- Liaise with ACD and Investment Advisors on compliance matters
- Review financial promotions
- Produce OEIC, SICAV and Mutual Fund specific risk and compliance reports including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks
- Work with Head of Risk to consider current and emerging high risk and high-profile activities.
- Conduct due diligence on ACD and other third-party providers of the OEICs e.g. brokers, depository.
- Working with the team to design, implement and periodic review of policies and procedures.
- Work with wider team to advise on and implement regulatory change.
- Conduct Training
They would also be able to assist the compliance team on other matters of compliance and risk monitoring and policy building.
The individual would work very closely with the wider compliance team to ensure independence from the team for appropriate oversight and they would be managed by the Head of Compliance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of COLL, MiFID II and other relevant sections of the FCA Handbook;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Market Abuse legislation and procedures, including gatekeeping;
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial promotions rules;
- Knowledge and understanding of liquidity monitoring and liquidity risk management;
- Good product knowledge;
- Knowledge of ESG reporting including drafting of SFDR disclosures preferable;
- Strategic thinker to identify compliance risks relevant to the business and prioritise work effectively;
- Organized, analytical and prepared to constructively challenge status quo;
- Able to work independently and within a team;
- Strong attention to detail and fast learner;
- Interpersonal skills to work with various teams and external parties is vital;
- Interest in using technology to find solutions to maintain compliance records, excel modelling preferable.
Qualifications and Experience
Strong academic background, law undergraduate degree preferable but not necessary, ideally including a post-graduate qualification or professional diploma, 4-5 years’ experence
Working with UCITS funds (OEIC, SICAV) at an MiFID investment manager or CPMI that also manages UCITS funds.
If you have this experience , and are interested please call Fergus Hooley in confidence